COVID-19 Update For The Lab
Here at the Lab, we are dedicated to helping defeat the virus outbreak that is occurring worldwide and have put the following guidelines in place to help us ensure safe, quick repairs on all of your devices during this time.
- If you are ill, have come in contact with anyone who is ill, or if you are showing symptoms of Coronavirus please do not enter The Lab at this time.
- In-person appointments are not available until further notice.
- The Lab is still here to help! We are accepting curbside and in-store drop-offs.
- Please remove any protective case from your device before dropping it off with us. Our employees are unable to accept any device with a case on it.
- Our waiting area is closed until further notice.
- Your device will be safely and thoroughly sanitized while we repair it.
- Please maintain the CDC’s recommended 6-foot distance from our employees to help keep them and yourself safe.
Curbside Drop Off and Pickup Procedures
If you need help repairing your device, call The Lab at 574-933-2609 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to dropping off your device.
Our repair experts ask that you provide:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number,
- The device model/model number
- Explanation of the type of repair your need or the problem you’re having with your device
- The best way to contact you
- Your method of payment (credit/debit card, cash, or over the phone payment)
Once you are ready to drop off your device, park in front of The Lab and either call us or honk your horn. An employee will come to your vehicle and ask you to place your device in a box to minimize personal contact.
In-Store Drop Off and Pickup Procedures
If you choose to drop off your device in our store, we will ask that you:
- Drop off your device at the dedicated table.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between yourself and the employee assisting you.
- When your device is repaired, you will be notified in your preferred manner (via email or phone).
- When you device is ready for pick up, you will collect it from a dedicated table.
- While we do accept credit/debit cards and cash payments, we prefer Apple Pay, Google Pay, or payment over the phone since this removes the potential danger of physical contact during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Do Your Part To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19
There is advice everywhere telling people how they can stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19 (AKA Coronavirus). Most of it comes down to personal hygiene we all should be doing every day. However, there isn’t much talk in the media about how important it is to clean your phone.
Cell phones are in our hands constantly and are what many people touch the most throughout the day. The University of Arizona reports that our cell phones often have more germs than the average toilet seat. Cleaning your phone is something you should do regularly, not just when we’re concerned about the spread of COVID-19.
So while you’re thoroughly washing your hands, cleaning the surfaces of your home, and trying not to touch your face, take a few minutes to clean your smartphone once a day.
How To Safely Clean Your Smartphone
Use a soft, slightly damp lens cloth to clean the surface of your phone. If you can see the cloth working well to clean the residue left on your phone, that should be enough.
However, if you haven’t cleaned your phone recently, that method might not be enough. While using a soft cloth dampened with warm soapy water to disinfect your phone is the best way to clean it, you need to be incredibly careful to avoid damaging your phone by exposing it to moisture. Be sure to remove any excess moisture on your phone with a soft, dry cloth.
If you don’t want to use soap and water to clean your phone, you can use a mixture of 40% alcohol and 60% water or a lens cleaner to carefully clean your phone.
No matter which method you choose, don’t spray water, soap, or cleaner directly on your phone! Apply any cleaning liquid to a soft cloth to dampen it, then wipe your phone clean.
As tempting as it can be, don’t use disinfecting wipes (like Clorox or Lysol) or harsh cleaning agents on your phone! These are powerful cleaners and can quickly damage the protective coating on your phone’s screen.
Remember To Clean Your Phone’s Case
Don’t just wipe the screen of your phone, remember to clean your phone’s protective case. Most cases can be safely cleaned using disinfecting wipes or a solution of 60% water and 40% rubbing alcohol. Make sure to remove your phone from its case before cleaning it and dry it thoroughly before re-inserting your phone.
It’s Important To Clean Your Phone
Just like washing your hands thoroughly and coughing into your elbow, cleaning your smartphone has always been important. However, since our communities are actively trying to decrease the spread of COVID-19, it’s even more important right now.
If your smartphone screen is made of glass, immunologists say the virus can live on that surface for up to 96 hours. That’s 4 days! It makes it very easy to pick up this virus from touching your cell phone’s screen or passing it along to others if they use your phone.
Bring Your Phone Into The Lab For Help
If you’re worried about damaging your phone by cleaning it improperly, bring it into The Lab. Our experts will be happy to show you the best way to clean your phone without risking damage.
We’re Keeping The Lab Safe & Clean
We understand that many people are staying in their homes to try to stay healthy and ensure COVID-19 doesn’t spread in our community. We also know that you’ll likely need repair services for your phone, computer, tablet, and other electronic devices during this time.
Here’s what we’re doing to make sure our employees and customers stay healthy when they visit The Lab:
- Regularly clean and disinfect counter and table surfaces, as well as doorknobs and our public waiting area;
- Wear protective gloves while we handle and repair your electronic devices;
- Actively purifying the air inside The Lab; and
- Ensure our employees regularly wash their hands throughout the workday.
We are committed to continuing to provide the safest, cleanest environment for interaction with all of our clients.
The Lab is located in the heart of downtown Warsaw at 120 E. Center Street, Suite A. We’re open until 5pm Monday-Friday and until 2pm on Saturday. We love walk-ins and our certified repair technicians are always here to help, so bring your phone in now!